H.265 is a new generation video compression standard, a successor to H.264, also known as High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)
Why we need H.265 now ?
With the explosive increasing of camera resolution from D1 to 720p,1080p, then 4K in the future , the H.264 compression capacity is far left behind the market need .
How to transfer and store UHD images effectively without increasing storage device and internet expenses ? People do need a more efficient compression format . Then H.265 comes just at the right time.
1. It is approximate 2 times as effective as H.264.
2. Reduces file size up to 50% with the same quality.
3. Supports resolution up to 7680 × 4320 (8K).
4. Reduces video noise and increases dynamic range.
5. Extend far greater video quality experience compared to H.264